National Sanctuary of Christ the King
Situated in Almada, this Catholic monument and shrine started its construction in 1949 was inaugurated in 1959. It is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ. This monument was built on an isolated clifftop, 133 metres above sea level, consisting 82 metres long of a trapezoidal pedestal and 28 metres long image of Christ. This monument overlooks the beautiful city of Lisbon, the Tagus River left bank, and the Ponte 25 de Abril bridge.