Clerigos Tower and Church
Clerigos Church is a Baroque-style church built for the Brotherhood of the Clergy in 1732, and completed in 1750. The monumental tower, Clerigos Tower, was only built between 1754 and 1763, and is 75 metres high and takes about 240 steps to reach the top.
This church was the first baroque churches in the country to adopt a typical baroque elliptic floorplan. The extraordinary structure of both the church and the tower has become a symbol of the city.