Palacio da Bolsa
Palacio da Bolsa is a palace rich in history, located on the Infante D. Henrique Square, and was built in the 19th century. It was once part of the church and convent of St Francis, which is right next door.
Designed by a Porto architect, Joaquim da Costa Lima Junior, it is a Neoclassical palace of Palladian influence, and the interior was finally completed in 1910 after involving several local artists.
There are several magnificent rooms that occupy the palace, and among them is the Tribunal Room:
The Assembly Room:
And most notably, The Arab Room., which was built between 1862 and 1880 by Goncalves e Sousa. It is decorated in the Moorish Revival, popularly fashionable and exotic in the 19th century. This room is currently used as a reception hall for personalities and heads of state visiting the city.